Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, but I’m getting back in the grove. That being said, from now on I am going to be posting normal articles on Sparkle Saturdays and Wednesdays and then I am going to be starting a new page on my site sometime this week called ‘thought of the day’. Because of school work, I am not able to write as many full articles, but I will do my best to post a ‘thought of the day’ at least twice a week where I will journal a quick response to one of your questions for me or write a quick reflection on something I thought of on that given day. As always, don’t forget to follow my social medias to get all the news that sparkles and don’t forget to sparkle! Now, onto today’s post!
In late July, I received a package filled with a very generous donation of a full pack of Matcha tea single sips and a sample packet from The Republic of Tea for a review.
So, I decided to try out one of the sample packets today. The first thing that I noticed was that the tea packets had instructions for a few different ways to prepare the tea: hot, cold, or as a hot matcha latte. Being me, I decided to make the matcha latte. It was very easy to prepare, all I had to do was make a cup of hot water and stir in the tea packet with a fork and then add milk. Also, the tea was a very pretty green color when prepared.
As for the taste, the Matcha tea tasted slightly like green tea only with a slightly more subtle taste. The milk also made it very creamy and nice. I would definitely recommend Matcha tea, especially The Republic of Tea’s Matcha tea, for people who drink green tea regularly or for those who like tea lattes. In addition to its taste, I read up on Matcha tea and found out that it has quite a few benefits as well. Not only is Matcha tea good for detox, but it also burns calories and boosts energy. Overall, I was really pleased with my first cup of Matcha tea. As for you guys, the full pack of Matcha single sips will be included in the much awaited giveaway that I will be doing soon.
Don’t forget to check back on Wednesday for a new fall related article and don’t forget to check my page ‘Thought of the Day’ which will be released soon! Don’t forget to sparkle!
This is just my simple, yet delicious, lemon pie recipe! It is a spin on the traditional lemon pie recipe because it has a lemon pudding filling and uses whipped cream for the topping opposed to a merengue. If you make this recipe, feel free to share pictures with me on Instagram @sparklenews or on Twitter @Sparklenews_ for a chance to be featured on the website!
Pie Crust (Homemade or packaged)
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
The zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup lemonade
2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Prepare the homemade or packaged pie crust according to the given instructions.
2. Next, take out a medium sized pot and add the sugar and cornstarch to it. Mix until combined.
3. Stir in the milk so that the mixture is smooth.
4. Turn the stove on at medium heat and place the pot over heat.
5. Add the egg yolks, a pinch of salt, and the zest to the pot.
6. Stir over medium heat. Mix more frequently the more thick the mixture becomes.
7. Once the mixture is a pudding consistency, remove from the heat.
8. While the pudding is still hot, add the lemonade and butter and mix together.
9. Pour the pudding into the pie crust and chill for 2 to 4 hours in the freezer.
10. Once the pie is chilled, add whipped cream and serve cold.
Hi Guys! This is a simple ad easy way to make your own colorful and flavorful ice cubes for summer in one easy step! This is a great way to flavor water or to make drinks more colorful for pool parties or cookouts! Thanks guys!!
What you will need:
~an ice cube tray
~different colored drinks (Gatorade-any color, cranberry juice- red, orange juice-orange, lemonade- yellow, etc.)
~and a freezer
Pour your colorful drinks into ice cube trays and simply place in the freezer until frozen than, enjoy 😉
Blue= Muffins Green= Biscuits Pink= Cake Purple= Cookies
– (Muffins) Mix the batter gently and stir only enough to moisten the dry ingredients to keep the muffins tender and to avoid the peaked shape.
– (Muffins) Muffins are the best warm so if you have cold muffins that were made the day before or earlier, stick them in the microwave for a couple of seconds to serve them warm.
– (Biscuits) Don’t over handle the dough, treat them gently so that you avoid toughening the dough.
– (Cake) After baking a cake, to preserve it, put a knife or fork under the cover so that it is not air tight so that the frosting is not absorbed into the cake
– (Cookies) When baking cut-out cookies, only roll out some of the chilled dough at a time so that the rest can stay in the fridge
-(Cookies) When making cookies, use a pancake turner to transfer the cookies to a cookie pan so that you prevent tearing and breaking cookies
. 6 0unces of un-drained tuna
. 1 cup cornmeal
. 1 cup flour
. 1/3 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put all ingredients into a bowl. Mix thoroughly with hands. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into treat-sized pieces. If you want you can use small cookie cutters to make them shaped like fish or cats. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Be sure to let the treats cool before you feed them to your cat and please comment!
Its blueberry season! Here’s a great way to use some freshly picked blueberries by making them into a delicious snack! Lets get started!
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
In a small bowl, mix milk and lemon juice; put aside.
In a big bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. put aside. Add vegetable oil and the egg to the milky mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Fold in your blueberries.
Fill greased or paper lined muffin pan 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 22-24 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in it and it comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 12 muffins.
1 cup strawberries
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 bananas peeled and cut into chunks
1/3 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt
Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Then pour into glasses and serve