This is just my simple, yet delicious, lemon pie recipe! It is a spin on the traditional lemon pie recipe because it has a lemon pudding filling and uses whipped cream for the topping opposed to a merengue. If you make this recipe, feel free to share pictures with me on Instagram @sparklenews or on Twitter @Sparklenews_ for a chance to be featured on the website!
Pie Crust (Homemade or packaged)
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
The zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup lemonade
2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Prepare the homemade or packaged pie crust according to the given instructions.
2. Next, take out a medium sized pot and add the sugar and cornstarch to it. Mix until combined.
3. Stir in the milk so that the mixture is smooth.
4. Turn the stove on at medium heat and place the pot over heat.
5. Add the egg yolks, a pinch of salt, and the zest to the pot.
6. Stir over medium heat. Mix more frequently the more thick the mixture becomes.
7. Once the mixture is a pudding consistency, remove from the heat.
8. While the pudding is still hot, add the lemonade and butter and mix together.
9. Pour the pudding into the pie crust and chill for 2 to 4 hours in the freezer.
10. Once the pie is chilled, add whipped cream and serve cold.